Friday, October 20, 2006

Hobbies


Do you have a hobby? Do you actively pursue it? If you put a hobby down for a while....say about 7 years....is it still a hobby? I don't know.

I have a hobby; or I had one. It was astronomy. Please reread that...ASTRONOMY, NOT astrology. I love to study the stars. Several years ago, I was really pretty good at it, especially considering that it was just something I kind of picked up on my own.

It is truly amazing, the wonders of the sky. Anyone who sees the rings of Saturn, or the Great Red Spot on Jupiter and doesn't believe in God....well, there just isn't much to say about them.

I think I will pull out my telescope, dust it off and go star-gazing soon. Hmmm...have to find all the tools to calibrate it and such, BUT I'm sure my handsome hubby would love to step in and assist. Wouldn't you, honey? PLEASE?

1 comment:

Mommy Spice said...

Have you ever been to the McDonald Observatory? I went there a few times as a child. Then, when we worked with the college group at our previous church, we took a camping trip out there. They had a special star gazing night where everyone went out with their telescopes and let visitors take a look. It was awesome!