Saturday, January 28, 2012
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Hey, y'all... my friend, over here, has a recipe blog called "Tempt My Tummy Tuesday." I hope you will pop on over and see what you can see!
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder, 1 1/2 tsp cumin, 1 teaspon salt, 2 tsp chili powder all mixed together
1 tsp olive oil
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tbsp tomato paste
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
32 oz chicken broth
2 cans rotel with green chiles
4 cups water
3 tbsp cornmeal
5 corn tortillas, cut into strips
red onion, diced
Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil onto chicken. Sprinkle with the seasoning mixture. Set aside whatever you do not use. Bake in 375 oven for about 25-35 minutes, until juices run clear. Remove and shred with 2 forks.
Meanwhile, in a dutch oven, in 1 tsp oil, saute pepper, onions, and garlic until soft.Add tomato paste. Cook out for about 2 minutes.Add chicken, broth, canned tomatoes, beans, and water.
Boil for about 45 minutes.
Mix 3 tbsp cornmeal (you can use masa) with a bit of water. Mix into soup.
Simmer for another 15 minutes.
Add corn tortillas that have have been cut into strips.
Turn off heat for about 20 minutes before serving.
Wednesday, January 04, 2012
- make, AND STICK, to a meal plan
- cook ahead more meals (or at least prep)
- blog at least once per week
- grow in the Word
- keep my kitchen counter free of the forest of paper that springs up......always
- take down all of our Christmas stuff. :-) (Yes....it's still up.)
- paint the hallway
- have our foundation checked
- garden? maybe
- read at least 30 books (last year, I barely read anything, the year before.... 56)
- go through the boys' clothes
- clear out the little boys' toys
- shampoo the little boys' bedroom carpet
- either buy a new dining room table or get a picnic bench (cheaper and easier, I think)
- get my Master Seal in JBQ
- scan pictures
- transfer wedding video to DVD
- catch up on laundry
- get new blog design
- make my Christmas cards
- work on the Christmas trees that I planned to do this past year
- work on the cookie decorating
- start going to bed by 10:30 most nights (as I type this at 11:00 pm)
- start a book outline
- organize *scrapbooks* for the boys.....ok..... start (nothing big or fancy, just organized, an such)
- shadow box for DS #1's JBQ shirt, patches, and medals
- organize, trash, donate my teaching supplies (most of it will go away)
- begin hand-writing letters to grandparents
- family portraits
- clear out/organize the garage (that alone could take weeks)
- learn how to clean our guns
- target practice once every 1-2 months