Friday, March 04, 2011

IN THE DAYS OF NOAH



Matthew 24: 37-19 ~ As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.


OK.... seriously. Do you listen to the news? Do you SEE what is going on?

I remember when I was little, I made a comment to my mother about Jesus coming back soon. I don't want to say she blew it off.... but she did tell me, basically, that it was all "relative" and that "soon" could be another 2,000 years.

Ever since I was little I have always thought that Jesus would return BEFORE I live long enough to die of natural causes. I'm SO convinced of it, in fact, that part of me does not expect my kids to leave home. That being said, I feel the push to MAKE SURE my kids are ready.

Maybe what my mother said is true.... maybe we still have awhile. Maybe I will live to see great-grandkids and then die. Well, if that's the case, then I need to MAKE SURE my kids are ready. :) The longer we are here on this earth, the more chance we have of: confronting evil, witnessing to the loss, believing in miracles, spreading the gospel..... all things we are supposed to do, anyway.

I don't consider myself a "watcher." In fact, one blog that I DO read.... well, she calls herself a "watcher." I call her a "whack-a-loon." But, DUDE! How can you ignore what is going on? One only needs to listen to one segment of the news to know that our time is limited. Thank God, for that!

Mark 13:32 ~ But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

A lot of people use this verse..... maybe as an excuse.

TRUE..... we do not know the day or the hour. BUT, we do know the season. God didn't just push us out to wait without giving us something to look for.

So what do we look for?

Increase in evil
Increase in knowledge
Wars
Rumors of Wars
Return of Jews to Israel
False prophets
False messiahs
Earthquakes
Famine
Pestilence

What season do YOU think we are in?

Do not be like an ostrich with it's head in the sand. Ignoring the event will not delay the event. And, believe me.... this is ONE bus you do NOT want to miss.

No comments: