Saturday, July 22, 2006

Aggravation

I'm aggravated today! What aggravates me even more is that I can't tell you why I'm aggravated. Suffice it to say, keep your tongues hinged down! Gossip affects more people than the subject.

OK...onto different things. It has been so hot. But today, we finally had a "cold front" move through. It is only supposed to get up to 95 today. Aren't we lucky?

I bought school supplies yesterday. Almost all of them. I still have to get a clear backpack (on rollers), some long manilla paper and some long construction paper. Other than that, I need nothing else. We start on August 9th. That gives me 2 1/2 weeks to get the rest of the supplies.

I've decided that by the time all 4 get into school I'll either have to be back at work or I'll have to homeschool. It was EXPENSIVE! I figure each boy averaged about $350 for uniforms, shoes and supplies. Hmmmm...that means that by the time prices go up and all 4 boys are in school, the grand total should be, roughly, $1800. YIKES! And that is for a charter school. I can't imagine if we paid for tuition as well.

My 2nd son is SO excited. He'll be starting kindergarten this year. He had to look at all his supplies. A box of crayons seemed VERY different and much more exciting to him than normal. He got a new beach towel. The kiddos use them as blankets during their rest time. He had to sleep with it last night to "practice." HA! He also wants me to serve lunch in his Superman lunchbox so he can practice with that. I think I'll take the boys on a picnic in the next few days and do just that. I'm so glad that they are excited. I have mixed emotions. Two of my babies will be away from me...that makes me sad. BUT, I'll be down to only 2 kids to run around with me. Ahhh, the possibilities.

I hope the start of school is pleasant for all of you. I hope you get involved in the classroom. It makes a huge difference in the performance of your child. I say that as a parent and as a teacher. The students of mine, whose parents were in touch with me, performed much better in the classroom...as a general rule.

God bless all of you at this exciting time of year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LL sorry that you are aggravated! Ouch on the cost of supplies and uniforms! I try very much to be involved with Brandons schooling and this year Noah will be in preschool so that means two to be involved with.