Friday, March 16, 2007

I'M TIRED!

First off, this post is not for the reader with a weak stomach. So, if you tend to get puny reading about bodily fluids, you should leave now.

Secondly, I'm not throwing a pity party. I do not want your sympathy...wait, that's a lie. I want people to feel sorry for me. And the more I think about it, the more I think this IS a pity party. Anyway, I'm here to vent, so if you don't want to hear it, click the "x" at the top of your screen.

Thirdly, this post MIGHT be offensive to some. I'm cranky and tired and I really don't care if someone is offended at the words I might use. (No...I'm not going to cuss like a sailor, but certain slang or actual descriptions might come out that are less than ladylike. Frankly my dear, I don't give a rat's butt....just warnin' ya. Verstehen?)

OK....I'm tired of puke and poop. I'M TIRED OF IT!!! My youngest child, not even 2, has the rota virus. It is a nasty bug. I don't really care about bodily fluids...I mean, who does? But I don't generally get sick over the stuff. However, being a human who likes to maintain a certain amount of cleanliness...well, it is getting hard.

I'm tired of laundry. Anyone who has read this blog for any length of time knows that laundry is my arch-nemesis. I have done no fewer than fifteen loads of laundry since Wednesday. Every time I turn around, there is a leaky diaper or vomit all over the place. Dadgum...how much can a kid hold? In the words of Jeff Foxworthy...."When they say 8-10 pounds, they ain't kiddin'.That is all
them diapers will hold!"

Tuesday, on our way back from a family visit, my youngest puked in his car seat. There are few things worse than cleaning up puke from a car seat....having to do it 3 times ON THE ROAD is one of them. My sweet hubby cleaned out the FTU and the car seat...we had to strip it down and launder the other stuff.

Wednesday saw diarrhea...LOTS of poop...well, not really poop, but...well, you know. The vomiting seemed to subside, but the other end needed an insane amount of attention. Fortunately, a trip to Costco was not that far in the past...I have a case of diapers and wipies....I'm on my last section of diapers.

My issue (no the poop and puke is not really the issue here) is my 3 other children. My older 2, though they understand my need to be constantly tending to my youngest, do not understand how to facilitate the event. Every time I turn around, they are fighting or something. (It would be spring break...all 4 are home and I'm up to my armpits in puke and poop.)

My 3rd has not napped for the past 2 days. That is both good and bad. It is bad because for 2 hours when I NEED him to sleep, he is a whiney-heiney! The good thing is that in about 30 minutes, I can put in a movie and expect him to sack out for the night. Thank you, God.

My youngest, as we speak, is so tired that I put him in bed. See, we went for a drive because we are all going a bit goofy in the head. Well, either from movement or milk or whatever, the youngest puked FOUR TIMES in the FTU...AGAIN! *sigh*

We got home and I threw him in the tub. He is clean...I think. He is in his bed because I was convinced he was about to fall asleep. My dilemma is that when I go check on him, he is usually covered in either puke or poop and has to be tended to. Either way, he wakes and doesn't go back to sleep easily. I'm tired of washing sheets. I'm tired of washing pj's. I'm tired of smelling like puke. I'm tired of the house smelling like poop.

Are you tired of reading the words "puke and poop?" Try cleaning it up........

Mommy Spice and Daddy Spice...I don't think I'll be in church on Sunday.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow! I do feel your pain! There is nothing like getting that smell of puke out of the house, and your nose! It just seems to stay no matter how many times you wash the bedding. Our oldest always got sick in the car. It is the worst! She has outgrown that, thank the good Lord! The car seats are never the same after poop and puke. The straps are the worst to get all that "stuff" off. I hope the other kids don't get that virus or your days of continual laundry are not over yet! I'll say a prayer for you, it's never good for Mom to get sick, and I'm sending blessings to the washing machine!

Anonymous said...

LL...where was the foul language? I got all excited...

hee you know Im kiddin

LL I hope he feels better very soon, I am so sorry he is so ill :(

Mommy Spice said...

I will let Daddy Spice know. You poor thing. I can't even imagine. I hate vomit! I was the first one out of the classroom if a kid puked in my room.

Would you believe that S.G. has never had this issue? We just get the ears, nose and throat issues. I"ll take them over puke and the runs.