Wednesday, December 10, 2008

THE COOKIE SWAP

So yesterday, I co-organized a cookie swap. It was relatively easy to do and SO MUCH FUN.

It's not too late. You can still do your own.

We had 14 people there. We each brought enough cookies to have 2 of each kind. A friend of mine, painted some large coffee cans and bought Christmassy tea towels to cover them. I brought the makings of a book. Everyone brought their recipe. We walked away with about 3 dozen cookies, a new can, tea towel and a cookie cookbook for our goodies.

The cookbook was simple. I asked everyone to print their recipes on a half-sheet of paper. I had card stock cut in half. I hole-punched the card stock, along with 5 X 8 inch index cards. All we had to do was take the trimmed recipes and glue them onto the index cards. Then, we took ribbon and ran it through the holes...leaving us with a cute little cookbook.

I hope to do this again next year. It was SO MUCH FUN!!!


1 comment:

momto3_jjj said...

Looks like so much fun...I hope to help you out with one of those someday! :0)