Wednesday, October 27, 2010

THE DAY BEFORE

This post will have several pictures. If you have me as a friend on facebook, I will put most of the pictures up.

First, I want to thank everyone for their prayers. They mean so much to us.

This morning, DS #3 went to school as normal. But, shortly after attendance was taken, we picked him up to head to the hospital for pre-op stuff.


On the way, we stopped at Chipotle for lunch. That was great. :)

Then, on to the hospital. First, we went to the doctor, himself. He traced #3's good ear on plastic and cut it out.... the plastic reminded me of Shrinky Dink material. He will use that like a template to form the ear.







After we saw the plastic surgeon, we went to register. We were in the kids' section. It was totally cool. DS #3 had a great time while Daddy took care of the grown-up stuff.







Once registered, we went to have his vitals taken. I loved how the people talked TO my son, instead of over him. They made sure that he didn't have questions and that he knew exactly what was going on.







Finally, we went for some pictures. I'm not sure if this is for media or for the plastic surgeon to refer to (pictures of both ears were taken) or what.








Once we finished, we decided a treat was called for. Downstairs, was a fabulous bakery. DH got a Boston Creme cupcake. I got a strawberry cupcake and DS #3 got a cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream. We brought a giant M&M cookie for later.





We checked into the hotel and rested a bit. We will go eat in awhile. DS #3 can have solid food until midnight and clear liquids until about 5.

Surgery is set to begin at 8:15 a.m.

Thank you for your continued prayers. I will try to be back tomorrow..... by the weekend, for sure.

No comments: