I've talked about New Year's resolutions. I don't like them. They sound temporary.
I am just going to list some changes I want to make....not because it's the new year, but because I am finally fed up with some things. I hope I am able to make them stick.
- make, AND STICK, to a meal plan
- cook ahead more meals (or at least prep)
- blog at least once per week
- grow in the Word
- keep my kitchen counter free of the forest of paper that springs up......always
You know what? I'm done with this. I have a lot of housekeeping stuff to do. Some of the jobs are major projects. Some are short daily tasks.
I don't want to write out all this stuff.
SO.... I will write out some projects and things I want to accomplish. Nothing like the above, but "honey-do's."
- take down all of our Christmas stuff. :-) (Yes....it's still up.)
- paint the hallway
- have our foundation checked
- garden? maybe
- read at least 30 books (last year, I barely read anything, the year before.... 56)
- go through the boys' clothes
- clear out the little boys' toys
- shampoo the little boys' bedroom carpet
- either buy a new dining room table or get a picnic bench (cheaper and easier, I think)
- get my Master Seal in JBQ
- scan pictures
- transfer wedding video to DVD
- catch up on laundry
OK.... needed the comic relief.... back to it:
- get new blog design
- make my Christmas cards
- work on the Christmas trees that I planned to do this past year
- work on the cookie decorating
- start going to bed by 10:30 most nights (as I type this at 11:00 pm)
- start a book outline
- organize *scrapbooks* for the boys.....ok..... start (nothing big or fancy, just organized, an such)
- shadow box for DS #1's JBQ shirt, patches, and medals
- organize, trash, donate my teaching supplies (most of it will go away)
- begin hand-writing letters to grandparents
- family portraits
- clear out/organize the garage (that alone could take weeks)
- learn how to clean our guns
- target practice once every 1-2 months
That's all for now. Buh-bye!