Tuesday, February 09, 2010

JUST FIVE LITTLE WORDS

My friend Lisa (not the same Lisa who does Tempt My Tummy Tuesday) posted this entry awhile back. It was interesting, so I thought I would do it.

The deal is this.... Lisa gave me 5 words. I am supposed to tell you the first thing that comes to mind. Kind of fun. I asked her for my words... then I flagged the email so I would remember, but not over-analyze as I knew I wouldn't be able to post right away. But now?

Wait right here... let me go get my words:

OK, here we go:

She said: Cream

I think: I could put my face in it!

I LOVE CREAM! Heavy cream. I don't like sour cream. Sometimes I whip it, with very little sugar, to garnish a decadent dessert. More often, I pour it over ice cream. It hardens and creates a thin shell. YUMMY! You will not find Cool Whip or anything else (unless it is used specifically in a dessert or salad), but you will almost always be able to find a quart of heavy cream in my fridge.




She said: Cafe (and put a little doo-hickey/accent mark over the "e" which is a talent which seems to elude me.)

I think: HOW do I get that accent mark? Lisa... you will have to post a tutorial. Other than that, I think of truck stops. When I was little, after my dad would come in from work and get a little rest, we would leave for the long drive to Oklahoma. We would leave about 5:30 a.m. I can remember stopping around 7-8 in the morning at truck stops for breakfast. Not necessarily the best memory... the smell of the cigarette smoke mixing with the grease from other things was a bit nauseating.

She said: Smart

I thought: hmmm.... what do I think? Smart car? Whatever. Smart a$$? Usually. Intelligence? Obviously. LOL! ;) Heh... that's about it.




She said: Green

I thought: My yard is still green. It's not the bright "spring green," but 80% of my yard is green. The flip thought is green as in "environmental." Again, whatever. Green is the favorite color of my 1st and 3rd. My carpet is green. I have had green carpet for the past 10-12 years... it seems like EVERY place has carpet this color. Next time I get to pick... it will NOT be green!



She said: Shin

I thought: Come ON, Lisa! Give me something to work with here! LOL!

First thought.... "The shin bone's connected to the..... knee bone. The knee bone's connected to the... thigh bone. Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones."



OK... so I couldn't find anything that really stuck me for the others. Sorry. LOL! I need to go get the kids, anyway.

If you want 5 words of your own, just leave me a comment and I will get some to ya!

Y'all have a great day!

2 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

LOL! Fun!! Now I have the "shin" bone song stuck in my head.

Anonymous said...

Alright LL, gimme some 5 words! lol