Saturday, January 26, 2008

MIDNIGHT MUSINGS

OK, not exactly midnight. There is no point to this post for you, dear reader. It is only something that I thought to write about. It is just for me....not really for therapy or anything, just because.... (heh, those of you who wonder "is she crazy or something?" I'm about to answer that.)

So, last night, about 4:15, I am run out of my bed. We have a king-sized bed. Between my hubby's snores (that register on the Richter) and my 2 year old climbing into bed whining for his "blue 'Piderman' cup" I could not get comfortable, much less go to sleep. So...my first stop was my oldest son's room. He has a queen-sized bed, usually sleeps straight on the bed, rarely kicks and never snores. On my way to his room, I peek in at all the other little monkeys to make sure they are all tucked and snug. I get in bed.....then it starts....

The mind starts racing. I don't know if EVERY mind is like this. I kind of hope not, cause that's just plain scary. But, my mind often speeds up when my body slows down. I can seldom shut it down, I just have to tune it out. Well, last night, I was up for about 1 hour looking for the brain's mute button. Meanwhile, here are some of the ramblings. (They might not make sense to you, nor will they have a logical progression, but what do you do?)

As soon as I lie down I think:
"Boy, these sheets are rough, like ds#1 said. Who knew that an 8 year old kid would notice the thread count quality of sheets. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep in here. I'm glad we got the new pillows, they are much better than those old, flimsy feather pillows we had...they were smelly, too. I'm glad DH go the Transformer curtains up. It is a lot darker in the room now. I wonder if ds sleeps better. I know that ds#3 and ds#2 seem to be sleeping better now that they have they have been separated at night. If I could only get ds#4 to stay in his bed. Hmmmm...don't know how to do that without keeping the entire family up for several nights. Oh well, this too, shall pass. I'm really glad that the curtains are finally up. It took us long enough. There is still so much to do to "move in." You would think we would have done more within the last 4 years. Oh well. Once we get that dresser out of here....boy that is going to be heavy. I don't even know how we will do it without scraping the flooring and lifting the carpet. Ooooo, we could get new carpet. I'm glad we didn't do it today. It's been raining and I wouldn't want to get my shoes wet. It would be nice if we got all this done before we have our party. Hopefully most are coming. Oooo, the colored plastic plates at Walmart sure would be cute. I wonder if hubby will let me get some. I wonder if they have margarita glasses? Maybe I should get real ones. I wonder if I could find a restaurant supply store. Rachel Ray says that that is the way to go. I really don't like Rachel Ray. She annoys me. I will have to Google a supply store. I need to ask my friend for her heavy duty blender. Hmmmm....I should make my list for my menu and what I need to buy. I wonder if it will be cold? Cold is good, but not wet...I want the guys OUTSIDE! I need to contact my babysitter with details. I wish my folks would babysit, but I know they won't, especially if we go see them next week. I am getting tired, I wish I could sleep. I wish ds #1 would put his legs down. He must be cold. His knees are BONY and sticking right into my ribs. I'm going. HA....I'm going to SkyBurger! It's 6:15. I wish I could sleep at night. I wonder if DS #2 will be asleep. His sheets are rough, too. His radio is turned up too high. He must get that from me, needing a radio on at night. Maybe I'll get 45 minutes of sleep. Thank goodness for playstation. I should really go to sleep. I am sure the day will be busy. *yawn* I want to bake a cake. I wonder what kind I should make. *yawn* What should I make for lunch tomorrow? *yawn* I probably should go to the store to make *yawn* sure I have enough stuff for next week. *yawn* I like the curtains in this *yawn*"

I think I will go take a nap.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that sounds normal to me! =-) Oh and we had the crockpot fajitas for dinner last night... to quote RR "YUMMO!" {She annoys me too...but my kids LOVE her???} Definately a keeper -- the fajita recipe I mean not Rachel.

Sweet Dreams,
Ly

Mommy Spice said...

Oh, that drives me crazy. I do that here and there.

I was kept awake from 12:00am-1:00am with a little girl who had a dream about bugs in her bed. I had to take her bed apart 4 times to assure her there were no bugs in her bed. Then Daddy had to come deal with her because my patience RAN OUT THE DOOR!!

Ashley said...

Your comment cracked me up because I thought about that before I posted, BUT .... I would just like to comment that the space shuttle left debris over NUMEROUS counties, so my exact location is still a mystery! ;)

Anonymous said...

Do you really think anyone cares about your nighttime brain farts?
Why not just write in a journal and keep it to yourself. Instead of being so self-centered, you should be praying and asking how God can use you. Or reading your Bible... Are you pleased that you can broadcast your feeble thoughts? Proud of yourself?
You need to re-think your motives and examine your faith in light of the Word.