Thursday, January 24, 2008

MYSPACE RE-REVISITED


Have I given myspace a fair shake? I'm not sure. I have written on this a few times. You can read about it here and here.

Well, we have FINALLY gotten high-speed. Heh...you should know that. If you don't, just scroll down and read the previous post.

So, in celebration of said event, I decided to really dive into myspace and see what I could see. I mean, now that I can see pictures, that makes it a lot more interesting. Before, I didn't enjoy myspace because it would take a LONG time to get onto my own space...much less someone else's.

I have been "surfing" myspace a bit. I have been inviting stealing friends from my other friends. Frankly, I don't even know if I have done that right. I have questioned a few of these "friendships" that I have seen between some of my acquaintances. I mean, if you DON'T know them IRL, you can put up whatever face you want and it is relatively easy to maintain. BUT, if you know them IRL, it becomes a bit harder to carry off the facade that you might have going on. Sometimes, I want to scream (through my computer) "THIS PERSON HAS ANOTHER FACE!!!!" I wonder if person A knows how badly person B was talking about them.

Ooooooh.....THAT is a tangent. I'm so sorry. Back to the topic at hand.

So anyway, I have been browsing and surfacing myspace. I don't just look for people. I don't peak at strangers' profiles. I don't look to MEET new people...just to say "hola" to the peeps I already know.

"What's the problem," you ask?

The problem is...I have NO IDEA WHAT IN TARNATION I AM DOING?

I'm serious! I just happened to accidentally get a picture up on my profile. Cool, right? My 2 1/2 year old son (pictured in the photo) is just 18 months old in that. I JUST learned how to put my "mood" up. I put up "cranky." It's a good thing, too....because I don't know if I'll remember how to do it tomorrow...and THAT will make me cranky...so the "mood" stands.

I SOMEHOW changed the look of my page (the part that I work on) and THAT freaks me out a bit because it's new....I don't like new. I DO know how to leave comments and messages and check them. I don't know. I need my friend Lesli to come visit....we can let our (collective) EIGHT BOYS play together.....hmmmm...that would be interesting: two 30-something moms from Podunk, TX with (altogether) two 8 year olds, one 7 year old, three 4 year olds, one 2 year old and 1 one year old. Pizza would CERTAINLY be ordered, as well as a 10 pound bag of chocolate, velcro, rope, duct tape, Midol, Dr Pepper (with Sonic ice), and ear plugs.

Maybe not....GET A SITTER, GIRLFRIEND...then come on out.

I'm done rambling for tonight. BYE!

No comments: