Monday, June 08, 2009

MAKING A HAPPY HOME MONDAY


Hey, y'all!

Hope everyone is having a great beginning to the summer. We sure are....it's already been crazy-busy, but we are having fun. I'll post about some of that later.

So for today's (late) installment of Making a Happy Home Monday I will talk about YARD WORK!!

First let me say this....I'm opposed to yard work.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against it being done. I am opposed to MY doing it. LOL! I don't like to work in the yard. I don't like to dig in flower beds. I don't really like to garden....though I'm trying to convince myself that I do. I don't feel "girl-power" when I mow. I truly understand why farmers, back in the day, popped out many babies.....for the yard work. :)

SO, with all that in mind, my sweet hubby is in the process of teaching my 9, soon to be 10, year old son to do yard work. Last summer, he learned to ride the tractor mower (nothing too difficult....he is MUCH smaller than the old John Deere, but we keep it to straight patches.) This year.....he is learning how to weed eat!




Share with me what you are doing at your place to make your home happier.

Love to all!

** Due to my studying JBQ, I'm not working on specific scripture memoriztion outside the Bible Fact Pack.

3 comments:

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I don't like doing yard work either. I'm an indoor girl by nature, and I'm also allergic to wasps and bees. So anytime I'm doing stuff outside, I have a strange paranoia that I'm about to get stung.

Reflections in My Mirror said...

I did not see Mr. Linky up but I do have a post for you! Yard work is never ending here in the South! We had to catch up on some tonight - well hubby did and I got the water out for the plants and sod...
Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Super sweet pictures.