Friday, July 17, 2015

CHEATER CHEATER PUMPKIN EATER

So.....I cheated last night.

NO......IT WASN'T A CHEAT!!

This is a lifestyle change. There are going to be days that I don't eat perfectly. That is OK.

DO YOU HEAR ME, SELF? THAT IS OK!!!!

I have done so much better in these last 2 weeks. I haven't had a soda, nor a CFAST this entire time. I HAVE had tea, but it is green tea with stevia. THAT, in and of itself, is a huge difference. 

I also don't snack on crap all day. I've had 1 chip. ONE. I instinctually ate it when I fixed the boys' lunches. 

Yep....I still love chips. But, my point is....I didn't eat a quarter of a bag, or 3 handfuls, or even 2. 

I'm learning. 

One of the treats I'm allowed is 6 chocolate covered almonds. Well, I've had 6.....only once. Six is good. (Any Jerry Seinfeld fans out there?)

I have had none of the treats, save the aforementioned almonds and 1 chip. 

Until.....last night. 

Now, last night was a conscious decision. There were a few reasons (read "excuses") that allowed me to justify this. Please...no judgment. This is difficult enough. I'm still trying to learn the whole *within reason*. I have understood the logistics of it forever. I am just now getting into the practice of it. 

So, why did I do it? Well, I started this and just bought food for myself. We still have a lot of *unclean* foods. Clean eating is not necessarily more expensive. However, when you have to replace a lot of your pantry, it could be. I am not going to waste food. 

I also chose to do it, because my kids are suffering. YES, I KNOW they need to be eating like I now am. However, I'm still getting rid of food, remember? This whole *get dinner on the table* then eat my rabbit food with my little yellow cup of starch is for the birds. I'm tired of doing all this. And, when I just worry about myself, my kids eat even worse! How do I know? The 4 empty cereal boxes in the trash testify to that.......I just bought the cereal Monday. 

Finally, it was a treat to myself. I have been working my tushie off in the boys' rooms. We have 2 boys who have outgrown (in weight and length) their loft beds. So, we've been tearing down and building beds. Do you know how NASTY floors and baseboards get, especially behind furniture, ESPECIALLY when dogs like to stay there? 

PLENTY.

NASTY!

SO......I've been working on the rooms. I spent about 5 hours in said hairy bedroom, yesterday. 

I wanted bacon.

THERE!!! I SAID IT!!!! 


I WANTED THE BACON!!!!


......and the biscuit......but who's keeping score?



No comments: