Monday, July 13, 2015

WHATABURGER

So, yeah....they won't allow guns (open carry, anyway.) 

I'm OK with it, honestly. 

First, you can still conceal and carry. I have my CHL, so I'm good. 

Second, Whataburger has a LOT of kids that go....like after school. In fact, we have one right across the street from a high school. There are always a LOT of teens who go there. Teens make stupid choices. They try to show off. Honestly, I don't know that I would like a gun showing when there are 2 teen boys squaring off over a girl. 

Extreme? Yes....I know, but dude, really? I'm a mom. That's my job. 

It's not like on January 1st everyone is going to be able to take their gun out everywhere. You have to have a conceal and carry license in order to open carry. Me personally, I'd rather conceal. 

"Ooooo.....look at me.....I have a gun."

"Yeah.....just let me eat my burger, OK?"

Finally, Whataburger management has brought down that statement. Some of us are defending businesses for their rights to NOT do things that are against their beliefs: i.e. bake a cake for a gay couple's wedding. We can't scream that business owners have the right (when we believe in it) but then bash another business for doing the same thing if it's agains what we believe.

I do not, though, have a problem with people taking their business elsewhere when they don't agree. THAT IS WHAT THE FREE MARKET IS ALL ABOUT, PEOPLE. 

I am Christian. I have never denied the fact. I will never deny the fact. However, we have to remember that when we pray for rain, there will be mud. 

I am sad that we cannot pray to MY God, in public schools. But, right now anyway, some others can't pray to Allah, Buddha, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster. For that, I am glad. I don't want my kids around it. They will be exposed soon enough to things which do not adhere to my personal beliefs. 



Oh, yeah....I did have a burger yesterday. Not a WB burger, but a burger. It was a bit of a cheat. I had the patty, mustard, lettuce, tomato, a dollop of guacamole and the bun. The bun was the really bad part. Then there was the cookie. It was luscious. 

I have no regrets as my 21 day challenge has treats built in, like chocolate covered almonds, potato chips, milk.....I haven't done ANY of that. It's all good. 

Y'all have a great day. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So many in this country just don't want to think anymore. I would be terrified if I walked in and saw a stranger with a gun out in the open, but honestly, as a small business owner, if someone was willing to pay for whatever item they wanted, I would be most likely to sell it to them. You pay, I make or sell. It's a win/win situation. My personal beliefs and feelings are my own and one of my beliefs is that my family needs money. I think my biggest Mary Kay sale was to a man that needed it for his shows......shows that I would never attend, but I have products to sell and he/she was a good customer and very pleasant about it. Be that as it may, if the baker was uncomfortable, and the customer was made uncomfortable, then why not move on? Are there not other bakers? I don't get this whole thing about starting trouble just because we can.