Tuesday, April 22, 2008

FALLING INTO MY LAP

Topics just seem to fall into my lap. =)

I have recently been on a roll of causing some negative feelings....why stop now? No really...I found this in my email. I thought it was, um......interesting. I will not post the whole thing...just some interesting parts:

I'm not taking any chances.

Here is your financial blessing! It's a simple prayer, you've got 30 seconds. Don't sleep on this. Someone recently read this for the first time and received exactly enough for a $0 balance on all credit cards.

(prayer follows)

Take 60 seconds and send this on quickly and within hours, you will have caused a multitude of people to pray to God for each other. Then sit back and watch the power of God work in your life for doing the thing you know He loves. Peace and blessings....have faith. 8 angels are sent to you. You must send them to 8 people. In 8 minutes you will receive something you have long awaited.


(I'm sure the original author will not mind that I took editorial privilege and corrected a few GLARING grammatical and spelling errors.)

Do I really need to discuss this?

YES! It is good to pray.

YES! We can ask for help with our finances.

BUT......don't limit GOD. Don't put Him on a time-table.

8 Faith angels to 8 people in 8 minutes? Hmmmmmm......Really? I mean REALLY?

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Or (my personal favorite) "Forward this on. Remember, Jesus said if you deny me before men, I'll deny you before my father in heaven."

Ummmm .... whether or not you forwarded an email will NOT be asked of you when you stand before the Almighty God.

Theresa said...

We should not ever limit God! I personally delete those add ons. I think they are ridiculous. God will bless when He wants to bless and not because of some email trailer!

Kaira said...

Oh, it irritates me to no end when I get these things as well... stupid, stupid, stupid!

I've also been on a bit of a roll with controversial posts on my blog. I can't seem to stop myself and I've got a few doozies coming soon - I can just feel it :)

be blessed :)

Mommy Spice said...

Oh, I can't stand those emails and I delete them as soon as I read the part about sending them to 10 people within a certain amount of time to receive my blessing. Ugh!!