My blogger friend, Catey, tagged me with this. I'm supposed to list 7 interesting (I read "weird") things about myself. Frankly, I find myself very normal and will probably have trouble with this. LOL!!!
If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged...unless you are of the 50% who has done this in the last few weeks ;)
OK.....this is so tough.
I have done this before, so some of this might be a repeat.
1. I refuse....REFUSE....to smell things to check for freshness, goodness or cleanness. If something gets to that point that you have to put your schnoz into the "odor zone" then assume is is bad, and call it a day. For example, dirty undies. Now, I know if MINE are dirty. My hubby is good about putting his BVD's into the hamper. BUT, I have 4 little guys who tend to leave things lying around, or pull things out of drawers without being asked or drop stuff when putting away. SO, if I see some cute little Thomas undies on the floor I, of course, pick them up. However, I do NOT smell them to see if they are clean. If they are, great...no harm, no foul. If they are not? Oh, dear reader, that is maxed out on the "EWWWW" Factor. And really, those teensy-weensy size 2T skivvies don't take up that much space in the wash....just throw it in. Your nose will thank you.
2. Gel toothpaste CREEPS ME OUT!!! It feels freaky on my teeth...I can't stand it. My hubby is OK with it. My kids love it...with stars in it, no less. But me? NO THANK YOU!!! I have a rigor just thinking aobut it.
3. I can taste the metal of some pieces of silverware. It doesn't necessarily have to be a certain brand, and it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes I'll take a bite and I taste the spoon. I get another spoon and all is well. I can't tell you how many times, when buying new silverware, I have been tempted to just take out a spoon and lick it. :p
4. I count ALL THE TIME! When I'm at the dentist, I count the tiles. (Heh...when at the gyno, I count the same thing.) When I'm walking across the yard to check the mail, I count my steps....guess I'm just a regular Rain Man!
5. I MUST have food and/or a drink when I take a road trip. What is a road trip? Anything that requires my presence in the FTU! When dh and I take the kids to the doctor (40 minutes away) I ask if we can stop and get a drink. I need to know this because if he says, "no" (he's mean like that, sometimes) then I have to fix something. When I pick the kids up from school, I have to have a drink. It is usually a bottle of water, as it is convenient. I don't care if it's healthy.....DP used to be my convenient beverage of choice, but you know THAT story. Anyway, I'm like Pavlov's dog....I hear keys jinglin' and I am immediately thirsty and develop the munchies!
6. I hate chick-flicks, for the most part.. Sorry, friends. I just do. There are a few that I can enjoy, but in general NO THANKS! (that goes for stupid-funny movies, too.)
7. I make lists for EVERYTHING! I keep a notebook in my purse at all times and often jot things down. I keep paper and pen by my bedside. I keep list-making tools in my bathroom. I have my HMNB and my holiday planner notebook. I use sticky-notes all the time. I do not have a master list. I have yet to learn to combine them all so I often have multiple lists to consult during the day. And some of the things on my list are stupid, but that is for me and me only.
Well, there you have it. Another fascinating look into my life. Love me or leave me! That's who I be!
**Join me for Making a Happy Home Monday**