Monday, January 12, 2009

Hindsight....foresight....it's ALL 20/20



This past Friday, I had LASIK done.

I know that several of you have had this done. And for those, I don't know who all was totally freaked by it, but let me tell you....I all but had a panic attack over it.

At the end of 2007, my hubby was going to let me have/get/do....(not quite sure of the verb here) LASIK done. Well, I chickened out. There is no "romantic" word for it. I just flat turned yellow and didn't do it.

One year later, I decided AGAIN, that I wanted it done. My hubby gently told me that I couldn't do this every year...plan for it, change my mind, plan for it, change my mind. I went in for the initial consultation, paid the $150 deposit and was set. I was OK...looking forward to it and all for 6 or so weeks. The week of, I started to get nervous.

The night before? Oh my...I don't know how my hubby and kids put up with me. I didn't sleep a wink. I wasn't nervous...I was TERRIFIED! I kept asking Hubby if he would still love me if I went blind. His answer? "Of course I will. I suppose I might have to hire some 22 year old housekeeper to help with the kids. Don't worry. I'll make sure she is ugly....butt-ugly."

Yeah...tell me that on the way to the office when I'm within a millisecond of cancelling the whole thing. LOL!

Without getting into the whole procedure of it all, I'll just say this:

I was done by 9:30 Friday morning. By that time Saturday morning, I was at 20/15. (For those of you who don't know, that is better than 20/20.) My eyes are healing nicely.

It is so weird to NOT have to take out my contacts at the end of the day. I wore them for over 20 years (25 years, to be exact) and wore my glasses for longer than that.

In closing, I just want to say, "Thank you, Hubby, for a wonderful gift. I love you!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I one day would like to do this but still a little chicken.

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Aw what a great thing to get done! I am glad your eyes are healing and that it was successful procedure!!

Unknown said...

COOL!

How many fingers am I holding up?