Tuesday, January 13, 2009

TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY


Pop on over to my friend, Lisa's or Lana's, blogs. These sisters co-host a blog carnival called "Tempt My Tummy Tuesday." It is a lot of fun. People post recipes, product reviews, tips....even ask questions. Why don't you join us?

For my entry....and in celebration....of our "cold" weather, I decided to post:




WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE


ingredients:


12 oz. white chocolate (cut up into chunks)

6 cups milk

2 cups heavy cream

1 tsp. vanilla

*whipped cream, shaved milk chocolate, peppermint sticks


Heat milk and heavy cream in a saucepan until heated thoroughly. You don't want to scorch this...do not boil.


Add white chocolate.

Stir until melted.

Add vanilla, whisk until a little foamy.


To serve, I like to put a dollop of whipped cream (NOT Cool Whip...the real stuff) in the bottom of a mug. Ladle the chocolate drink into mug. Garnish with shaved milk chocolate and a peppermint stick.

10 comments:

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

Oooh geez, I can just taste that melting in my mouth!!! :)

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Oh yummy!!! I will definitely keep this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

threesidesofcrazy said...

This sounds like a great switch from the norm. It's cold here so I'll try it tonight!

Anonymous said...

Wow...that sounds really good, but my hips say, nooooooooo! After I reach my goal weight, I will try this.

More Than Words said...

That sounds divine!!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Oh, I want to be drinking this RIGHT NOW!!!!

Anonymous said...

YUM!!! Now this sounds like some hot chocolate I could drink!!!
Since I don't like coffee ;)
Let me just say I just enjoyed the bowl of pudding, had to fight off the family but I ate it all to myself.

Anonymous said...

My kids will love this!

momto3_jjj said...

Ummm, why have I not been served this delicious drink while at your house???? You know me and my hot chocolate....that will have to be something to look forward to! :0)

Hint, hint...lol! Thanks for the recipe, it sounds easy and very yummy!

Anonymous said...

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhh this sounds divine!!! take care!!