Monday, January 26, 2009

TA-DAH

Here is the latest project. We have been doing so much around the house. As always, I have a disclaimer about the word "we." "WE" is my hubby. I am the one taking pictures and saying, "Ooooo, it's so pretty."

This is the nasty stuff we looked at for a few years. No, it's not dirt....I don't think ;) This bit was in a high-traffic area and it is just scuffed badly. The whiter portion was under our dining room table.


Here is a picture of the flooring going down. This stuff is actually a vinyl something or other...it is completely waterproof. It goes down on top of the floor so you don't have to pull-up, put down toxic strippers (hee hee) or scrape anything. All we (hubby) had to do was to pull the baseboards and cut the planks to fit. They are 3 feet long and ??? wide. (Maybe Hubby will leave a comment with the width, should anyone want to know.)


Here is my fly-boy and our 2nd son figuring out what piece to use next.


A close-up.


Finished dining room. It went on into the kitchen, pantry area and laundry area.....it took him about 3-4 days to get everything done.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks really good. Your hubby looks pretty darn cute in those knee pads. ;-)

Reflections in My Mirror said...

Can you tell me what brand you used - it looks WONDERFUL! We are looking at doing the same thing at our house -I am researching brands, prices, deals etc. Thanks!
Amy Q

R and R Stacy said...

It looks great LL! Congrats!!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Looks GREAT!!! Good job!

everydaygrace said...

How exciting! Congrats on the new floor :)

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Looks great!!! What a difference!

Anonymous said...

Amy Q,

I used Trafficmaster, Allure, Vinyl Planks from Home Depot.

Here is a link: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?keyword=trafficmaster+allure&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

DH

Theresa said...

It looks wonderful! I love making home improvements, but I'm always glad when they are finished and over!

Anonymous said...

OK we are getting ready to redo our kitchen and dining room so will D come and do ours? It looks beautiful

Anonymous said...

Hey email me who did yours, hubby just saw it and this is what we have been wanting.

momto3_jjj said...

LOOKS AMAZING!!! Can't wait to see it for real! CONGRATS!!!