Monday, January 12, 2009

MAKING A HAPPY HOME MONDAY

WELCOME TO MONDAY! And welcome to Making a Happy Home Monday. I hope you will join me.


The idea behind Making a Happy Home Monday is to find an area of your home that needs to be a bit happier. This is very easy to do. All you have to do is tackle one thing that has been on your to-do list FOREVER!!! You know those jobs.....sweep behind the fridge, clean out the back corner of the closet, wipe down the baseboards behind the couch....the stuff that isn't seen, but it sure would be nice to be "happy."


Make it a big project. Make it a small project. Make it clean. Make it more functional. Whatever you choose, make it a happier.


If you would like to join me, sign up down below on Mr. Linky. Then, come back and see the inspiration that the others have shared on this blog. I'll stop by to "see" you in a little bit. Have a great day!



For today's installment of Making a Happy Home, I chose to work on my deep freeze. You can see what a mess it was. Sadly, there are a lot of things in there that I had forgotten about. Fortunately, I got to it in time and didn't have to throw out a lot of things.....only 2 things, to be exact.


It is embarrassing how much food is in there. SO, I made an inventory. (I won't share that now, as I need to get this post up and I need to get to the store.) I will say this, we have enough food that, aside from dairy and produce, we can go awhile without buying food.


Here are the "before" shots:
Can you see how crap is just thrown in there?



And "after"














5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great!! You coming tonight?

Catey said...

Finally joining you! : )

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

It stinks that there are so many cute Monday memes to do! I'll have to do this on Tuesday. :( But I've already got my shots ready to go! :)

threesidesofcrazy said...

Looks good. I always keep an inventory too so I know when to rotate and what's on hand. Aren't refrigerator magnets grand?

annies home said...

I just had to clean our freezer out as well. Yours looks like you did a great job wish I had a camera would show the pictures of mine as well