Sunday, January 25, 2009

MAKING A HAPPY HOME MONDAY

Hello, hello!

I hope that the weekend was refreshing to each of you and that you are ready for a wonderful week ahead.

It is time for Making a Happy Home Monday. As some of you know, I created this blog carnival with the idea, and hope, of inspiring and motivating others to find a place in their homes that needs improvement.

This can be anything. Find some area of your house that needs a little love and attention. Spend a few minutes (as long as necessary) and make the area cleaner, prettier, or more functional. Whatever you do, make it happier.

I hope you will join me in Making a Happy Home. Just link up down below on Mr. Linky. Be sure to link back to this post, so that others may be inspired by the projects taken on by the beautiful women who choose to participate.

For this week, we....well, no, not "we," but my dear hubby cleared out our junk cabinet. Yes....an entire cabinet devoted to junk. Do you remember the 3 junk drawers I cut down to 2? That's not all we had. Nope....we had a cabinet. It is in our laundry area.....it holds such things as hammers, flashlights that don't work (and haven't worked for ages), rope.....(rope?)...duct tape, nails...well, you get the idea.

Anyway, it was bad enough that when you removed, or returned an item, it usually involved a thud, jumping to get toes out of the way, and some cramming and slamming.

So, last week, my DH cleared it out and straightened it up. I regret that I don't have a "before" shot....just an "after."


Hope you will join me.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go D! You did a fabulous job!!! Oh just so you know I have both 1 & 2 books now, I will start them tonight!!

Catey said...

Happy Birthday!!!