Monday, February 19, 2007

I'M BACK!


OK...I'm not foolish enough to think that everyone was keeping up with my schedule. In fact, of the 2 or 3 people who consistently check this site (and see that I haven't updated since the 6th) well, you are wondering where I have been.

I was in Mexico. It was a wonderful trip. I went on a missions trip with a group from my church. We were in Miguel Aleman, just across the border from Roma, TX. It was such a neat trip. We went to help them with building a church.

I fully expected to be helping with the building...the pouring of concrete and such, but it ended up that I helped in the clinic part. I'm glad, because I got to really work with and among the people. I spoke enough Spanish to be entertaining to the Mexicans and impressive to the gringos. (It was not very good.)

We saw a total of about 160 people in the clinic. We had a tent service and passed out goodies to about 300 people. We saw dozens give their heart to the Lord. And I even got to sing in Spanish....really. I can carry a tune, but doing so in a different language is challenging, but fun!

I am now on the road to recovery...in many ways. I brought back a sinus infection, my hubby is about to go back to work (after a 6 month "break") and I have laundry to do.

My trip to Mexico showed me all I have to be thankful for. It made me aware of little things and hyper-sensitive to the big things. I have some new beginnings to look forward to, as well as some REbeginnings. I've noticed trees starting to bud. The temps are warming. It is a good time to be alive.

2 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

Good to have you back. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. It's been too long since I've been on a mission trip.

Anonymous said...

yep..nice to have you around again ;)