Friday, April 06, 2007

Ressurection Sunday

We color eggs. We hide, then hunt, the eggs. We eat chocolate bunnies (ears first, of course.) We buy new clothes.
We bake cookies and enjoy all bunny, egg, and chick treats. And most importantly, we remember the true meaning of the day.

This Sunday is the most important Sunday to my family.

My children are just starting to learn what this season means. We talk about it every year (and even throughout the year.) What is so hard is getting them to really KNOW and UNDERSTAND and BELIEVE that all the things Jesus did for the world He did for me, for my children, for YOU!

As I grow, I am hit with this reality more and more. I grew up believing, but it's only in my older years that I'm understanding the sacrifice; the things that Jesus went through for YOU!

Isaiah refers to stripes on His back.....39 stripes, to be exact. These stripes were for healing. Healing is just one of the many things that I am secure in...all because Jesus died on the cross for me and YOU!

Please remember the true "REASON FOR THE SEASON!"

Spiritual truth #1 - No one is good. All are sinners

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God -Romans 3:23

Spiritual Truth #2 - The payment for sin is death. If you sin, you have been sentenced to the death penalty, and an eternity away from God.

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. -Romans 6:23

Spiritual truth #3 - Jesus paid the death penalty for us.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. -John 3:16-17

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. -John 14:6

I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. -John 10:10

Spiritual truth #4 - To accept the free gift of salvation, you must accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. -2 Corinthians5:17

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. -Romans 10:9-11

The above scripture says you need to do three things:

Confess the Lord Jesus with your mouth

Believe in your heart

Don't be ashamed

If you want to be saved and born again, and you are ready to become a new creature in Christ, then pray the following prayer. You can do this right now...right where you are. God will hear you:

Dear Lord, Thank You so much for sending Your Son to pay for my sins, by dying in my place. I accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, and I believe that Jesus died and rose from the dead. Thank You for Your free gift of salvation, I gladly accept it. Amen~

If you did this, please let me know in the comment section. I will pray for you.

God bless you as you prepare for Resurrection Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read your children The Tale of The Three Trees...beautiful. You'll love it!
Ly

~LL~ said...

I have that book and had forgotten about it. I'll have to pull it out. Thanks for the reminder. :D

Mommy Spice said...

I'll have to look at that book too. I want to see your picture of the flowered cross. I fully intended on going back in after service and getting a picture, but was a little busy with check in station.