Tuesday, October 23, 2007

YOU CAN'T JUDGE A BOOK....

OK, I wasn't exactly tagged with this MEME, but I kind of "borrowed" this idea. I thought it was a fun idea. So those of you who read me (except the one I took...ahem...BORROWED this idea from) have a go, would ya?

Total number of books:

Hmmmmm....truly too many to count. No, I CAN count that high, but they are everywhere and I haven't the time to sit and count. Keep in mind that I am a schoolteacher, so I have my own library for my students. Seeing as how reading is SO important, I don't keep books from my children. AND, being an avid reader myself, I have my own "stash." SO...that being said....one day I did decide to count (only in my boys' bedroom) and stopped at about 500. I have about a third of that of my own (I do the library a lot) BUT, I have at LEAST that in the garage. So...ballpark...about 1200 or so. WHEW!

Last book read:

"Plains of Passage" by Jean Auel. Before that, it was "Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows." I enjoy period novels (like the first book mentioned) and really enjoy fantasy. I do not read horror. I like a few mysteries and totally gag while reading romance. BLECH! I would rather do my laundry! LOL!

Last book bought:

I just bought a new one a few days ago....from "The Last Eyewitness" series. I think it is "John" by Tim LeHaye

5 meaningful books:

Hmmm...does it have to be meaningful? I mean...can't I just read for the enjoyment of it? LOL! OK, here we go.

The Bible, of course. Great thing about this book is that you can read it out of order and there is always something to get out of it.

"The Strong-Willed Child" by Dr. Dobson. If you know my children, you know why I like this book.

"The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" by C.S. Lewis. What a wonderful representation of grace of Jesus Christ and the ultimate victory.

OK....so this can count as the last 2 books.

ANY cookbook! LOVE THEM!

Top 5 favorite reads

"Gone with the Wind"
All Harry Potter books
"Jane Eyre"
Anne of Green Gables series
Any Dr. Seuss

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Totally cracked up at your strong-willed child comment! :)

Anonymous said...

yes, I've read all the Auel books, and liked them all well enough :D

I read somewhere where her series was called "Auels screwing with cavepeople" books LOL!

Errr, Baaaaddddd Claudia....

Mommy Spice said...

Oh, I love the Anne of Green Gables series. I wished they would have gone further with the movies.

I NEED to read The Strong Willed Child....

No idea how many books I have. After teaching 10 years, I stll have boxes in the closets. LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Loved your choices of books!