Thursday, January 17, 2008

ACH! I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!

I know that you, my dear reader will not be near as excited as I am. Perhaps you were YEARS ago when the world peeked its head out of the SLOW techno. age.

Well, we are finally peeking!

We FINALLY got high-speed. And not only that...but it is totally wireless! WOOT!

I know, I know...I'm a bit slow with such a celebration. I mean 99.9% of my readership has high-speed. Shoot, even my hubby, when he reads this blog, gets to enjoy the speed of "click-n-view" in quick succession.

Not me! Nope! I've missed out on videos, pictures, and websites that take a coon's age to download. Heck, you know all those "we got elfed" links going around over Christmas? I only saw one and that was when I went to my b/f's house and asked if I could see it from her computer.

Now, I don't want you to think that my dh is some cheap stick-in-the-mud. (Though ds#1 DID call him a "cheapskate" the other day. Gotta love a kid who likes to try out new vocabulary.) No, he has tried many times to get high-speed hooked up here. Despite the fact that we can pert near spit into the city limits of a metropolitan area, we have been a bit bass-ackwards in this.

No longer do I have to log in....go check on the kids...sign in....go get a soda...click on email...go get my slippers...put in my password...go get me a coke float...click on inbox...put in a movie...click on message...watch the first section of a show...delete said message because it has pictures or videos. NOSIREEBOB!!!! I CAN WATCH THEM RIGHT NOW IF I WANT!!!

SO...send me them videos! WHOOPEE!!!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I guess I fall into your .1% that doesn't have high speed. Can't get it at my house ... that's why I mostly blog from school (read: high speed internet!) Congrats!! :)

Anonymous said...

Well it's about flippin time! ;)

Anonymous said...

WTH...I didn't realize you were surfing like a dinosaur. Welcome to speed! Really DH, you are such a cheapskate!

Mommy Spice said...

Alright! Welcome to the world of high speed. D.S. would lose his mind if he couldn't have it here. What's funny is, we just live a few miles away from you. Glad you're enjoying it.