Monday, March 23, 2009

TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY

Hey, y'all. My friend Lisa, and her sister Lana, co-host this cool blog carnival called "Tempt My Tummy Tuesday." A lot of peeps post recipes, tips, product reviews, ask questions....it's a lot of fun. Click on the widget up above and it'll shoot ya on over and the you can join us!
My entry for this is.....
CHICKEN SALAD
We go from this....

TO THIS....
With just a few ingredients.
Just a heads up...this picture is NOT of my chicken salad so the ingredients you see here aren't necessarily found in my chicken salad.
CHICKEN SALAD
ingredients:
4 roasted chicken breasts (skin on, bone-in)
1 cup chopped celery
3/4 cup mayo (the real stuff)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
TARRAGON!!!
OK...first, you need to roast your chicken...yes, ROAST IT!
Leave the skin on....drizzle a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for about 30-45 minutes at 350.
Remove chicken from oven to cool.
While chicken is cooling, clean and chop celery. Put into bowl.
Add 3/4 cup mayo. (no need to mix yet)
When chicken is cool enough to handle, pull the skin and remove meat from the bone. (Why the skin on? The 2 main reasons...flavor and moisture!)
Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces....not too big, but definitely not too small.
Put chicken into bowl with celery and mayo. Toss to coat.
Add salt, pepper and a bit of chopped FRESH tarragon. This adds a wonderful flavor to the salad.
Toss all this together.
Serve on a whole grain bread with some greens....YUM!!!!

11 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Sounds like a good chicken salad recipe. Thanks.

Unknown said...

yum
yum
yum
yum
yum
yum
yum

I might even be able to eat this one!!

Brenda said...

Looks yummy, and I like tarragon

Anonymous said...

That looks so good. I am going to have to try it. I use a canned chicken (yes, I said canned) from Sam's that is so tender and yummy you wouldn't think it was canned. But we are ditching the cans, so I needed a new chicken salad help. You came just in time!

Anonymous said...

Your chicken picture really made me laugh :)

Anonymous said...

I don't like chicken salad :(

Deb said...

Love your blog! That salad looks delish!
Found you via the blog party, nice to meet you! Have a great week. Pop by and say hello if you get a chance.
Blessings

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I love chicken salad!

Anonymous said...

OK, OK, OK. Why did you have to go and ruin a good thing for me, by posting that photo of the chickens...al alive and whole??? BLECH;)

Carla said...

Just give me a spoon and the bowl, and I'll be in chicken salad heaven! (thanks for leaving out the from live chicken to chicken salad photos:)

Becky :) said...

Just found you from the UBP! Great and encouraging site. I have 2 boys and they love cowboys so when I saw your blog w/ the Bible verse and the boots, I smiled. It is so fun to meet new people in this way.