Friday, August 03, 2012

20 QUESTIONS

I have not forgotten you. We have been on a 2 week vacation, then getting ready for school. I will be posting, SOON, on getting ready for school....not necessarily for kids, but for the moms. BUT, I came across this blog from the crazy gal that I read. The one I WON'T connect you to, because she is a whack-a-loon in EVERY sense of the word....but still. It is fun. I invite my 1-2 readers to do this, too.

1.  What color is your toothbrush 

Um, white....with orange....trim? The little non-slip grip, where you hold the brush is orange, as are some of the bristles. My toothpaste is white. Because, if it were blue, it would be gel. And, those who have read long enough know that I do NOT like gel toothpaste. *shudder*

2.  What is the best ice cream flavor? 


Well, let me tell ya. It depends on where, in my cycle, I am, AND where I am to get my ice cream (or what brand). I love: Mint Chocolate Chip, Chunky Monkey, Raspberry White Chocolate, Phish Food, Rocky Road....but probably my FAVORITE is Marble Slab's sweet cream with raspberries and chocolate chips. yum.

3.  Have you ever made a promise you'd die to keep? 


Wow, I copied and pasted this, but don't remember this. So, yeah....but only to my kids, hubby, and to my savior. I promised to do ANYthing to protect my kids. I would die for them. The same goes for my hubby. Another promise, to not deny Christ....and depending on if we are pre-Trib, mid-Trib, or post-Trib....well, there is a chance I could be put to death for my beliefs. I PROMISE, I will never deny Christ.

4.  Do you take vitamins daily? 

No. I don't take vitamins. I have nothing to expound on. No....not daily, not ever.


5. Do you go to church every sunday? 

Well, not EVERY Sunday, because every Sunday is just that...EVERY SUNDAY! Things come up....sick kids, vacation, just need to not leave the house. HOWEVER, when it is not summer, and we are not crazy busy, or out of town so much....we go to church probably 98% of all Sundays from August - May. However, when we are NOT in church, we are watching it online.  Does that change it to a "yes?"


6. Do you have a tan? 

Not an intentional tan. I don't lay-out. I get too hot. I don't like it. But, I don't hug the shade, bathe in sunscreen, and do whatever to avoid the sun. I put a bit of sunscreen on my face, then go. I get a good, healthy summer color. It is just from being outside with my kids.


7. When did you last talk on the phone?

Um, actually TALK? About 4:00. Actually, I talked to our children's pastor about a meeting coming up in which JBQ will need some info. Looks like I will be one of the only JBQ representatives there. I needed to talk to her about what to expect.

8.Where is your dad? 

Um, in a town about 40 minutes from here. Actually, I think he is currently in a video conference with my hubby on a business venture. That's OK. It gives me some TV and blogging time, which I haven't had in a month. Seriously. 


9. Look to your left, what do you see?

Up and down to the left? OK. Well, I am sitting on my couch, while I blog. So, here we go. My fireplace. If I go up to my mantle, (I actually had to look up the spelling. Just so you know, either "mantel" or "mantle" is accepted.) I have a cran-apple candle burning. Today was a GREAT DAY! SO, in celebration, I decided to bring my favorite time of year in, and burn a holiday-ish candle. Coming down, I see a wooden bunny with a string that hangs off a shelf. The bunny, in and of itself, is not some great decoration. And, it doesn't really fit. BUT, it was my mother-in-law's. She has been gone for 17 years. I will never part with it....until I pass it to a son. Coming on down...the normal fireplace tools, then the hearth. I have a few pens and pencils, our phone (land line), tons of cookbooks and a laundry basket full of about $300 worth of school uniforms that I am "relocating." 

10. What do you think of when you hear "Australia"?


I think of that book: "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day." When the main character has a series of things going wrong, he wants to move to Australia. I have, in the past, wanted to move to Australia.

11. What are your plans for this weekend?

Well, let me tell ya. (And, I'm not doing this to make you jealous.) My kids, all 4 of them, are with grandparents in Houston. For a week. My husband leaves, on Saturday, for work. For a week. My kids will be gone until Wednesday. Yes....I will be alone from Saturday morning until Wednesday evening. I may, very well, dance naked in the yard. Wait....not quite....I might dance "nekkid" in the yard. That is a different kind of dancing, to be sure. Other than that, on Saturday, I have school orientation from 9 - 12. (Not just 1, but 3 orientations, AND meet the teacher sessions.) Then, buy the last of the school supplies. On Sunday, I need to help oversee a JBQ demonstration AT CHURCH. (See question #5). Sunday night, I have a meeting. (See question # 7.)

12. Can you say the alphabet backwards?

Probably. If I put my mind to it. But, really? Why would I want to? What is there to be gained? You NEVER have anything filed in REVERSE alphabetical order. I have a lot to do with what little brain power I have control over. It is hard enough to use my powers for good...and NOT for evil. Saying my alphabet backwards falls in neither category.


13. Do you have a maid service clean your house? 

Hahahahahahahaha!

Really. Peshaw! I AM the maid service. No....let me tell you my thoughts on that. I don't work. My hubby works hard to allow me to stay home. With the privilege of staying home comes the responsibility of doing a job. That job is housekeeping. Yeah, it might sound "50's." But, really, I relish in it. I am not the best, but I do for my family what I think is best. And, THAT means I clean my own house.... thank you, very much.

14. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?

I don't know. I've got nothing else.


15.  Name something that has made you angry.

The last thing was this dude in the line at CFA. He stopped, not 5 feet from a trash can, and threw a straw wrapper ON THE GROUND. THAT, made me angry. It is just laziness. 

16.  Do you like cats?


NOPE! I am allergic to them. 

Now, let me discuss it further. I used to have a cat named "Kat." He was OK. I mean...he WAS a cat. I was in high school. My cousin (across the street) adopted him and named him "Summer." She, and her family, were gone all the time: school, work, etc. My daddy had his own business. He had a shop to the side of our house. The cat always went to see my dad....and ended up staying there. I renamed him "Kat." He was OK. BUT, when I was in my early 20s, I developed an allergy to cats. Now, it is bad enough that I can go into a house, and within about 10 minutes, know that they have cats.

17. Last CD played?

Who listens to CD's now? Oh well, I will still talk about the last thing listened to. It WAS on a CD, but through my iPod. It was....something Christmas, I'm sure. Let me think....Oh, yeah! It WAS a CD....in my changer in the FTU. It was a Christmas CD. The last recording was "Joy to the World" by Mandisa.


18. Have you ever dated someone twice?


No...wait...yes. When I was younger, I would date someone, (I'm thinking boyfriend here, not a one-time, go- to-a-movie date). If we broke up, I wouldn't go back to him. However, I did re-date my hubby. In 3 weeks, we will celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary!


19. Do you want to change your name? 

To what? I did almost 21 years ago. No need to do it again.


20. Last interesting thing you read?

Um.....I don't know. Thinking. I mean, I read a lot. Last thing I read was a blog. Kind of interesting, I guess. Last book? I haven't read that many in awhile. Will get back to you on that. 


1 comment:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

I love how you write LL! Haha, you make me smile :-D