Monday, July 09, 2018

*SIGH*

A few things make me sad.

One thing is the amount of reading I do. 

Now, I'm a reading teacher, so I read ALL the time. But, several of the books I read are read each and every year. That's fine. But, I miss reading for me...for enjoyment. This really hit me, just now, when I was updating my reading list. 

Before I went back to teaching, I read 30-50 books each year. Do you know how many I have on my list now? 

Go ahead.

Count them.

That's right.

Ten. 

That's it. TEN! So sad. I will easily add another 4 novels, but let's face it. They are novels for 10 year olds. I will read: "A Tiger Rising," "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," "The Little House on the Prairie," and "The Tale of Despereaux."

Those are all GREAT BOOKS...for 10 year olds. 

Another thing that makes me sad is knowing that, as much as I love to write (blog) and work on my live cooking, the time is limited. I won't get to do either of these things as much as I want. 

Maybe....I have another senior this year. My house is getting *bigger* as years go by. I have other drivers. I have kids who don't need ME...they just need my funding. 

That's good AND bad.

No comments: