Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Myspace.com


OK....here's the deal. Myspace.com has become quite a force on the internet. EVERYONE uses it, it would seem...everyone except me.

Well, that's not entirely true. I went on to find another friend's blog. She is on myspace. I "peek" at her list of friends...I know a lot of people in her list...and they are all on myspace. I WANT FRIENDS IN MY SPACE...not the site, but in my little circle of friends.

So today, I go to this site and click the button to leave a message. I had to create an account. EEEEK! Did I just succumb to the status quo? Did I make a deal with the devil? Well, I don't deal with the devil, but I think I'm now in the traffic pattern of ordinary society.

What a disappointment. I always considered my self EXTRAordinary. Hmmmmm...so the dilemma is now this....do I move my blog? Do I go on myspace.com in order to gain new cyber-friends? You know...I didn't join a sorority just for that reason. I always did it my way. (Oooohhhh, flash to Bon Jovi - "Like Frankie said, 'I did it my way.' I just want to live while I'm alive. IT'S MY LIFE!" (sorry...that was TOTALLY a tangent. )

Anyway, I'm just now figuring out my blog stuff To consider moving now is a bit insane. I don't know. We'll see. I will give it a bit before I decide. I just have a hangup. And that is a whole "nother" blog....but I'll peek into it a bit.

First off, my biggest peeve in the world is when someone says "a whole nother." What is a "nother?" Grrrr. My hangup is this...there is SO MUCH to do and see on myspace.com. I don't like that. I like my little corner of the world, under my rock, with not a lot to look at and get lost in. There, I said it. I'm plain. I'm boring. And I flat don't want to move.

Myspace.com...I'll visit to see my friends, but I probably will not take up residence there.

5 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

OK, I know a lot of people are over there at My Space, but I haven't visited it. I'm happy in blogspot world for now. I do like that I get more than one comment nowadays, even though I know a whole lot of people visit my blog. It's the lack of comments that bugs me. Why do I get so excited when I see 3 or 4 comments. And... I get jealous when my Panda friend has 7 comments.

P.S. We saw a picture of the Shrek Operation game.

Mary W. said...

I won't join myspace either.

claudemarie said...

I did what you did the other day LL...looked for a friend and my sisi and joined to leave a comment then UNjoined haha....even wrote about it on my blog thingy haha. I too won't take up residence. Tooooo big for little ol me and you lol.

mrskuhl said...

I have a mu space but it is private so I am not there to make NEW friends...just to contact friends rarely. I understand what you mean you can spend LOTS of time at my space. You are toooo cute.
Dia

mrskuhl said...

I just lost the post I tried to add. SIGH. I have a myspace...it is private. I didn't joint to make new friends. I was pushed into it by a friend. I spent a LONG tome making my myspace pretty. I decided not to blog. I am afraid I will write something I can't take back. ;) You are very cute...you don't need to stress about not wanting to leave blogger...this a comfortable part of the www for you. I can't log in under my dk...I don't know why. SIGH. Thankfully I have this identity for work :)

Dia