Monday, October 23, 2006

Oh, be careful little eyes what you see!


There is a book out there titled The Pilot's Wife. It was quite popular several years ago. There was even a TV movie based on it. My best friend called one day, a few years ago, and asked if I had read it. She said that I needed to. I think that even Oprah had it on her book list or something.

I have never read the book, but I've heard enough to get the idea of what it is about...and it's awful. It is basically about this guy...a pilot...who marries two women and has two families. The two lives collide when he is killed in a plane crash and the two wives try to claim his benefits.

Being a pilot's wife, I do not read such trash, nor do I entertain the idea of all the possibilities. My hubby and I have discussed stuff like this many times. We have chosen to trust each other, be honest and guard our marriage. We both have opportunity. (But frankly, having 4 kids probably doesn't lift me too high on the "desirability" ladder. :D)

We have discussed the "what ifs" of unfaithfulness. Do you forgive? Do you separate? Well, I would kill him. I've told him that. He believes me. LOL!!!! I'm serious. He knows it. However, this is not the point of this entry.

DH and I have discussed how we view married life and how we are to participate. We know that marriage is NOT give and take. It is NOT 50-50. The person who wrote that is probably divorced. Marriage is 100-100 and it is give and give. Anyone who goes into a marriage with a different idea is headed for divorce court.

We have based our family with God as our head-of-house. We are faithful in church. Our children are involved. We pray as a family. We tithe as a family. We play as a family. We ARE a family.

DH and I have been married for 15 years. I KNOW that we will never divorce....I won't even have to kill him.

SO, be careful little eyes what you see. Be careful little eyes what you see. For the Father up above is looking down with love. So, be careful little eyes what you see.

3 comments:

Mary W. said...

NOpe you don't "kill him" outright. You make it look like an accident to collect the life insurance money.

mrskuhl said...

You know everytime that comes up...Scott says I get a Mike Tyson glim in my eye. I am with you...marriage isn't always easy you can say things that you are sorry for and get hurt by things that happen. But I MEANT it when I said 'til death do us part. My parents are divorced and I NEVER want to do that to my kids. SO...with FAITH and LOVE you can have everything...a HAPPY marriage.

Mardi said...

I just came across your blog. It's refreshing to hear another women express my beliefs as well. We must hedge our marriage in a society full of divorce, adultry, etc. but, we must trust our spouse and keep God at the head of the marriage. 100-100. yes!