Monday, December 18, 2006

What is it about....


What is it about a new year that makes people want to resolve to change? If something is so wrong in one's life, why must one wait until January 1st to do better? I never understood this. I mean, if you need to quit smoking, shouldn't you quit NOW?! Why wait 3 months, 6 months, or even a whole year to decide to quit? This, to me, is one of the most ridiculous things in life.

That being said, I find myself secretly making resolutions. I guess it is human nature to want to better oneself. Now that I have admitted defeat to a personal peeve of mine, I guess I should discuss a bit of what I want to accomplish.

Some of these will seem, I'm sure, ludicrous to some. Some of these will seem admirable....though lofty. Some will even seem run-of-the-mill. And some, will not be shared with you, the reader. (Some of you might get a glimpse into my most sacred desires.) Why won't I share everything? In part, I'm afraid I'll be laughed at for trying. But mostly, I'm afraid I'll be laughed at for failing. I don't just set some minor goal that can be accomplished and forgotten within the course of the first month. No, dear friend, these are BIG!!!!

SO...here we go:

1. I want to lose 10 pounds. Granted...I need to do this at least 4 times, but 40 pounds makes me feel fat....so I will lose 10 pounds; then lose them again, again, and again.

2. I want to write. I do that now, but I want to be a bit more serious about it. I would love to be published.

3. I want to me more of a Proverbs 31 Woman.

4. I want to organize my time better. (With 4 children in sports, music lessons, school and other activities...well....must you ask?)

5. (this one is just for me)

6. I want to learn to cook healthier for me and my husband. (Don't get me wrong...I consider myself a fairly good cook....this testified by the fact that everyone has left my dinners under their own strength and have returned to dine again.) However, resolution #1 is shared by my DH. He has asked this self-proclaimed southern cook (dip it and fry it) to PLEASE make healthier choices. SO.....

7. Be a better parent. (I'm a yeller....it is quite noisy in my house.)

8. Follow a daily schedule. I just can't seem to get everything done.....EVER!

9. Follow a tighter budget. We are OK....nobody is starving in my house (though I fail to understand how my 3 year old survives on his morning pop-tart and a few chicken nuggets a week). However, my hubby and I have some goals for the next few years...I should do my part.

10. Be a better CE Coordinator. I feel that I don't do for the teachers what I should be or could be doing. There is so much more that I could do. ***Mommy Spice...you can tell Daddy Spice that I'm NOT kissing up. HA HA! I really want to be better at my "job."

11. Be a better housekeeper. This, my friend, is where my hubby and I chuckle, but where I shed a tear inside.

OK....that is all for now. I may, or may not update you on how these things are going. These are hard for me. They are constant challenges that face me everyday. At times, I laugh it off and go play with my kids. At other times, I'm so distraught over it that I am moved to tears and literally* cannot sleep. *that one is for you, DH!

Here's to you and a Happy New Year! I pray that the Lord bring you to it and through it safely and relatively unscathed. God bless you all, as we see 2007 bring us closer to His return. LISTEN FOR THE SHOUT!!!

2 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

Well, I just read #10 to Daddy Spice. You are too funny. We think you're pretty awesome at what you do in the CE Dept.

Great goals. We just bought a treadmill for our anniversary/Christmas present. Tim's used it once, and I've, well, I've not used it yet. But I intend to. I have not been home much with Christmas shopping and such.

Mommy Spice said...

Tag! your it! See my blog.