Sunday, March 25, 2007

FOR MY FRIEND

"I'm praying for you."

I know that this is a common statement. It is one of the easiest things to do. It is one of the more comforting things to say when you don't know what to say.

A lot of people say the words and don't understand the power of the statement. They have heard it said "when two or three agree...." They have said the words countless number of times...yet they don't truly believe.

They think if their desired answer is not realized and obvious within a short time that it didn't work.

They struggle with finding the right words....don't want to be cliche...don't want to be callous...don't want to be fake. "I'll be praying for you," they say.

What do they pray? Do they know that God really does answer prayer? Do they understand that Jesus died on the cross and took EVERY sickness upon His back? Do they understand that we were promised healing? Do they even know?

They can't manage to go to church, to read their Bible, to really pray when there is a problem with their family or friends. "I'll remember you in prayer," they state in a concerned voice.

Do they truly believe? When we are called to cast all our cares upon Him because He cares for us....what does that mean to the unbeliever? They hear my concern for you, my friend. They have all said they would agree with me.

It is hard to imagine going through what you are going through. Although the outlook is positive, I hear it in your voice. I hear it in your hubby's voice. I feel it in my imagination. You are scared. That is okay.

I believe in the power of prayer. I have seen it TOO MANY TIMES! I have to believe in it.

It is the P.C. thing to say. It is comforting to say. It is soothing to hear. The words roll easily off the tongue. But not many understand. Not many know that they know that they know.

I promise you this, my dear friend: I am praying for you! I will continue to do so.

All my love to you and your family~

1 comment:

Mommy Spice said...

Very well said, and so true, as I am guilty of saying it and not always following through. I have prayed for your friend this week. Please let me know tonight now she is doing.