Tuesday, July 17, 2007

IT'S MORE THAN FAITH!

For the third time, in a matter of months, I have heard or read a disturbing sentiment from some friends. This is not a direct quote, but it goes something like this: "I'm a Christian, but I have had hard times. Therefore, I have lost my faith."

OK...I have serious issues with that statement. I really do. First, I have a question for you. Is it a matter of faith? I mean, come on. What is faith to you? I know what faith is to me. It's the "substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

It disturbs me because I start to think that you (and I'm being general here) are only a Christian to have an easy time. Well, if you are having an easy time, then I would suggest to you that obedience is a very serious problem for you.

Ever since I have heard statements such as this, I have been on the lookout for evidence suggesting the proverbial bed of roses. I have not seen ANYWHERE in the Bible that says, "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men....and rich, and beautiful, and lucky and have an easy life." PLEASE! If you have found it, let me know, because I am totally missing the point of the Word.

I told a friend, just this past weekend that if a Christian is having a hard time, perhaps he or she is doing something right. I mean, an effective Christian would be dangerous to Satan, right? He would then try to thwart all that was being done.

Now I'm not saying that a flat tire is reason to doubt your faith. Actually, I think a flat tire should make you consider your path to work. Don't be a bozo. God expects His children to take a certain amount of responsibility for his or her actions. If something so petty as car troubles has you questioning your faith...well, you are slow on the upswing. You should have questioned it LONG AGO!!!

While I was away this weekend, I had a lovely opportunity to bond with a dear friend, add a dear friend to the ranks, and unfortunately, intimidate a possible friend. I didn't mean to do it, but I can come on a bit strong. (Those of you who know me are laughing.)

It was a wonderful time of fellowship and ministering. (That is a concept that I still have trouble with, but I do try. Honestly, I don't feel that I have the knowledge to minister or preach or witness or even share what I KNOW...and that is sad...I'll be working on that.) However, this third person should have been back-up for me while I spoke to my new friend. She is in a position that shouts knowledge, grace and FAITH. I didn't see it. She will be in my prayers.

In my prayers, also, will be the other people who seem to have lost their way on the path of faith. If they read this and end up upset with me, I encourage them to email me. You are in danger. If you are that easily shaken, then you are an EASY TARGET!

I truly believe that once you have true faith, then you can't be swayed to believe otherwise. In fact, I'm counting on this for a few DEAR friends of other faiths. They are going to hell because they do not believe in the one true Savior, Jesus Christ. Please be in prayer with me.

That is all my ramblings tonight. If you need someone to pray with you, please leave a comment. If it is private, I will not publish. God bless you all!