Friday, December 07, 2007

CALORIES


Why is it that a racing mind doesn't speed up your metabolism. I mean, REALLY! If I were able to get a cardio workout simply from my brain...well, I wouldn't need to spend my $52 every month for the Y.

I have had SO MUCH going on. I'm not saying that in order for people to pat me on the back and say, "Good job" or "I don't know how you manage with all those kids and your hubby gone a lot." Honestly, it is hard, but I'm more than capable of doing it.

What I'm having to focus on this year is simply ENJOYING all that is going on around me. I love the hustle and bustle. I love the bright lights. The smells are intoxicating. The music is divine. And the air of magic in the air...I mean NOTHING beats seeing your child's eyes light up when he sees a sparkling, glittering Christmas tree in the window of a home or business.

I love to go through the Christmas section every trip to Walmart JUST to hear Rudolph sing his song....yep...I still love it, even though we OWN that same Rodolph (for the 3rd time....2 have gone "kaput")

I love the food. Not just any food, mind you, but MY food. I love to cook and bake. And this time of year, I go a bit crazy. NOBODY is allowed to worry about calories or diet OR fat content...'cause I can guaran-dang-tee you that weight will NOT be lost in my house.

I do a lot of baking and candy making. I use this as gifts for a lot of people. Since a lot of people receive it, then a lot has to be made. It is expensive and quite time-consuming. I always have to wait until DH comes home to run interference while I bake. A lot of this stuff can't be left alone until complete. While planning what I want to bake and who I want to give it to, I succumb to a moment of temporary insanity (please stop laughing, Honey!) Anyway, more than one person (including my hubby) have told me to "take it easy," "don't do so much," "nobody expects you to do so much."

Well, that is not entirely true...I expect me to do it all. My friends can't seem to understand that even though it is a bit stressful, I LOVE IT! It is the type of stress that drives me. Every year I plan what I'm going to do for the holidays...I start around Labor Day. I plan and tweak and make my lists...then finally fulfill my dreams for that year. While the dreams are being fulfilled...I make more plans for the next year.

OK...so I don't know why I blogged about this, but needed to say it. I will be on before Christmas passes. But, in the meantime...have a HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so adorable! I just want to hug you.

Your fellow list maker,