Wednesday, March 19, 2008

OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES


So, the other morning, I'm awakened by my oldest son. He came into my room and tapped me on the arm. I could see that he was obviously distressed...especially considering that he was crying.

ANYWAY, he soon told me he had had a nightmare. He was VERY upset. Here is our conversation:


Son #1: Mom? *sniff* I had a nightmare!

Me: Oh, Baby. I'm so sorry. Are you OK?

Son #1: I just dreamed that I said a bad word in Spanish....*voice breaks*
at SCHOOL!

Me: (trying to NOT smile or chuckle) Well, do you want to talk about
it?

Son #1: No. I am better now that I'm here with you.


Now, keep in mind that I have NO clue what the word was. Since I am not fluent in Spanish, I probably wouldn't have been able to know if it was truly a bad word....well, scratch that....I DO know the bad words......but where did HE learn them?

No comments: