Sunday, February 27, 2011

DRAMA


Do you ever get tired of it?

I sure do.

My life has had its share of drama.

I'm not talking about certain events that build up to a climactic ending. I'm not talking about a serious movie.

No, I'm talking about DRAMA! As in "drama-queen." As in "oh my goodness she did, WHAT?" As in "holy smokes, that girl is a fruit loop!"

Yeah, that kind of drama.

And, I believe, it is inherent in females.

Disagree if you must, but if you really think about it, 95% of the drama you have encountered has involved females.

Now... the dudes. Yeah. They get mad. They might even fight. But, they get over it a go on.

Girls? They don't know when to let go.

Now, before you call me judgmental.... and I know which ones are doing it right now, bear in mind the recent events I have gone through with frenemies and other acquaintances.

I like to think that I don't involve myself in drama as much as the typical gal. My hubby does a good job of helping me see a different angle and decide if the drama is worth it. And, you know what? Usually, it isn't.

So, that is where I am. Trying to avoid drama. I wish some of you would try to avoid it. You know who you are.... the ones that read hear and proclaim you don't read here. LOL. ;-)

There is a good side to drama.... but it is small and hardly worth it. It makes you feel as if you've found the "Fountain of Youth." Because, really.... I know many 7th grade girls who act better.

Yes.... middle school and high school had its fair share of drama.... but back in the day, it was serious! I mean, "She looked at my boyfriend and then told her friend, who told Tommy, who said to Gina who promised not to tell me (but she did) that she wanted MY man and that she was going to kick my butt."

You laugh..... you know I'm true.

You graduate. You go to college. You get married. You get a job. You go to a reunion..... and you get DRAMA! No.... it doesn't go away. I won't even TELL you the things I have witnessed at reunions.... both school AND family. If I did..... well, that would lead to MORE DRAMA!

Needless to say, this "Fountain of Youth" has affected so many..... for sure!

Recently, I posted on a blog that is sometimes.... um... controversial. I won't get into details. I don't feel that, 1) it's good story-telling and 2) I don't think I could do it coherently.

Basically, one party has it in for another party. And these people who don't even know me are trying to throw me under the bus for talking to her. (See? Female.)

Whatever!

I can say that. Easily. I don't know these people. They don't know me. I'm done.

I have been thrown under the bus by people who DO know me.... obviously, not well, but have decided to believe stuff abut me that isn't true.

As hard as it has been..... after the past few months I can finally say, "WHATEVER!"

Some folks just OOZE drama. Those are the people I'm trying to get away from.

Believe me, people. Your life will be a lot easier and a lot more pleasant if you cut the drama.

I know I'm trying to.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen! Away with drama ... life is TOO short!