Thursday, August 23, 2007

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY




Tomorrow is my 16th wedding anniversary. I don't feel old enough to have been married 16 years. We have had a lot to go through and deal with. Unlike so many we know, we still love each other. AND I'm happy to say, we even LIKE each other (a very important quality in a happy marriage.)

My hubby and I were in the same 1st grade class. We were in the same classes all through high school. We dated for 2 years, then broke up. We went to the same college, and during our 2nd year, we got back together and soon got married.

We had 8 bridesmaids and 8 groomsmen. My dad gave me away, then performed the ceremony...so special to me. My piano accompanist from high school played the wedding march. My high school choir teacher sang. It was truly so wonderful. I had my dream wedding. My colors were forest green and ivory....or to hear my mother tell it, "EMERALD AND MOON GLOW." LOL! Isn't that great?

My cousin, a caterer, gave us our wedding cake: 3 tiers with 5 satellite cakes - all different flavors with the flavored cream filling. YUM!

As previously stated, we have gone through a lot, and accomplished SO much.

We have lived in Lubbock, Austin, Florida, Alamogordo, NM, Silver City, NM, then back to Texas.

We have successfully brought into the world 4 beautiful, healthy boys.

We have graduated college.

We have decided that DH does NOT really want to be a lawyer, hence moving from Austin (law school) to Florida (flight training.)

We have lost a parent.

We have had nieces born.

We have had siblings marry.

We have had friends divorce.

We have bought homes.

We have bought vehicles.

We have yelled.

We have cried.

We have laughed.

We have argued.

Most importantly, through it all, we have loved.

To hear people describe their own marriage...well, I can't imagine what a lot of these people go through. They don't like their mates, or they are always fighting, or...so many things.

We are SO BLESSED! We worship together. God is the head of our household, with DH as His personal representative for our family. I have to make more decisions than a fundamentalist would approve of a woman making...and please....my dh is gone 50% of the time...I have to. BUT, when he is home, he slips into the boss's chair. AND, when I do make decisions, I always take my hubby's wishes in mind.

My hubby is one of THE BEST men in this world. He will do anything for me. He will do anything for his children. He respects me. He helps me. He understands my personal issues. He chooses to learn about me. (Heck, he even knows about bottle nipples, breast pads and nursing bras.)

He is my soul mate. I am very blessed to have him in my life. I ache with the love I feel for him. I pray that I never disappoint him. He is the man of my dreams.

Happy anniversary, Honey! I LOVE YOU MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you too honey. I wouldn't trade what we have for anyhing. HAPPY SWEET 16!

Ashley said...

I hope you had a great anniversary!! I SO enjoyed reading this post. I can "feel" your love for your husband. Wonderful!! :)

Ashley said...

About the comment you made on my blog - Good point!! What I meant was that I want to work on being content with the season that my life is in right now ... not worrying about meeting Mr. Right.

Anonymous said...

For those that know you it's obvious the love and respect felt between you both. It makes those who don't have that envious. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I am going to hurl! I can say that because I was in your wedding.:-) Congratulations!!

~LL~ said...

LOL....I'll remember this when you post YOUR 16th anniversary blog :D