Saturday, July 26, 2008

YOU NEVER KNOW

I tried to post this a few times, but youtube won't let me...so let's try it this way.

I was on a message board that I don't frequent very often. I was paid a compliment by someone who read my blog for the first time. She said she came over because she knew I was a believer.

Now when someone calls someone else a believer, it is implied that they believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. I know this because everyone, in essence, is a believer in something. But we don't refer to just anyone as a believer...only "BELIEVERS!"

Anyway, it just made me stop to think that you have to be very mindful of what you say. The Fruits of the Spirit...which hopefully all Christians bear, is proof of their beliefs in Christ. I know there have been times when my subject matter has been a bit controversial for some, but I am glad to know that despite some posted and UN-posted, mean and not-so-mean comments, that I never wavered in my belief or what I said. Having someone get mad, stomp their foot and call me "UN-Christian like" simply because they don't like what I say does not make me a NON-believer....BUT, I digress.

Like I said a few paragraphs up....you are always being watched (read) and listened to by friends, family and strangers. Often times, words alone tell your character and WHO you are in Christ.

Thank you to my new cyber-friend for visiting....I hope to "see" you again, soon.

Psalm 19:14~May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

This was a great youtube that I found. I was looking for a specific song...when I came across this one. SO moving, I think. I hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq6136ZeLZM

2 comments:

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Very true..... you know my mother in law, Paula, had troubles with posting a song from youtube. I wonder what the deal is!?

Anonymous said...

I use Christ Followers. There are so many out there that say they are Christians and the media lumps us all together. The first church was The Way. We are Christ Followers of His Way!!!