Monday, August 03, 2009

MAKING A HAPPY HOME MONDAY



Man, I certainly need to work on my timing. Summer vacation has kind of thrown my game out of whack. Sorry this is so late.

This has been a tough week for me, for some reason. I have been thinking about some of the blogs I read....I'm about to dump some. I have a small list in my left sidebar, but I have several more saved. I will be purging from the sidebar, as well as from my bookmarks. Some of you, if you are purged, it is simply because you don't write that often.....no offense. Some are being purged because I just don't feel good after reading the contents.

I flew at a friend today, with words. *sigh* I KNOW that words can hurt, yet I use them to be hurtful. I already apologized to her. I was convicted almost immediately. Thank you, God, for the Holy Spirit....even when it hurts.

I have had a hard time with my oldest son. He's barely 10. SO, I foresee the next 10-14 years to just get harder. I have been reading "Bringing Up Boys" by Dr. James Dobson. This book is SO GOOD! Thankfully, my hubby and I aren't doing a lot of wrong things, but there are some things that we can do that are more right.

When hubby returns from this tour, he will have the rest of August off. That is good. The start of school is an emotional time for me...especially this year with my #3 going to school. We are also about to do a room swap. I know my hubby doesn't particularly like to do all the projects that I come up with, but he is more than willing to listen to my reasoning and, if sound, go along with it. I thank God for him.

I did make it into Hobby Lobby this past Friday. I started to tear up seeing all their fall and Christmas decorations that were already out. I bought a cute fall votive cup with some votive candles. I also bought a pretty cross with a Nativity across the top. I might post a picture of that soon....OR I might wait until I start doing Christmas decorations....which are going up earlier this year.

SO, MHHM. I'm still working in my kitchen. I have just a few more weeks to go if I continue at this rate. By the time I finish, I will be starting to dive into my fall cooking and planning holiday menus. I'm excited about that.

Today's cabinet houses my mixing bowls and storage containers. I had a lot of mismatched lids and bowls. I had several bowls with no matching lid and vice-versa. I have corrected that. All the plastic containers, and most of the glass containers now have a matching lid. I wonder how long it will be before I have to reorganize.

Here are the pictures. Tell me what you think. I think Mr Linky worked last week, so I will put it up again....maybe you can join Catey....my loyal partner in MHHM! Love you, girl!!!




2 comments:

R and R Stacy said...

Your so good. I did this Saturday night around 10. I was wide eyed and had nothing to do. I'm crazy like that at times. And I think I better do before this energy is gone.
Miss ya girl. I need to be back to blogging.

Catey said...

Hey!! I'm slow, but I'm in! : ) Thanks for helping to keep me motivated