Tuesday, August 18, 2009

TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY


OK...This friend? Lisa? You know her. She does the whole "Tempt My Tummy Tuesday" blog carnival.

I love to post things on there and then to follow up with others and see some of their yummies.

For today's entry, I'm doing Fire and Ice Pickles.

They are SO easy.....and I get a lot of compliments on them.

FIRE AND ICE PICKLES

ingredients:

1 jar of sliced jalapenos
sugar

Yep....that's it!

Instructions:

EMPTY all juice from jalapenos.
Cover with sugar.

Let jar sit on counter for a few hours until sugar is dissolved. I turn the jar ever so often. (Sugar is like salt....it will draw out the moisture. So, even though you have drained the juice, a syrup will develop.) You can also reserve the syrup and pour over the next jar of pickles. I promise...they won't last long.


Juice is drained. This is probably about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of sugar.

Tapping the counter a bit to get the sugar to fall down around peppers.

Turn the jar every now and then to get the sugar to fall and dissolve.

I don't know if you can but there is about 2 inches of syrup. If you want more syrup, then just add more sugar (without draining.)

2 comments:

Cammie said...

Girl! I can't begin to tell you what that would do to my insides!

Did you get the album?

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Oh yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I will make these. I know hubby will like it!