Monday, August 31, 2009

MAKING A HAPPY HOME MONDAY




GREETINGS AND SALUTATIONS!

It's that time, y'all. Time for me to put up my "Making a Happy Home Monday" post. Yes....I still do this. Catey joins me and today, my friend, Lisa is joining me. Please pop on over and show them some love.

The point of this carnival is to inspire and encourage you to find an area of your home and make it happy. You can do this by cleaning, organizing or beautifying the area. It doesn't have to be a big job. It can be a quick, 5 minute job....like what I have posted here. Or it can be a lot more involved. It's up to you. Choose a spot. Make it better. Then enjoy the positive impact you have made. Make your home a happy home. Link up down below on Mr Linky. I would love to see what you have done.

Today, I'm finally back to my kitchen project. I think I can finish in three more postings. Remember, the goal is to make a happy home. It doesn't have to be big. And, right now, I have so much to do, that I really can't just focus on the kitchen. You know, the holidays are FAST APPROACHING! Just look over there -------> and you can see for yourself.

All that aside, let me tell you what I did today. I worked on our drinking glass and cup cabinet. It was a mess. I had lids with no matching cups. I had cups that had seen better days. I have a lot of mismatched glasses. That kind of drives me crazy, to be quite honest. But, I didn't want to up and get rid of a bunch of glasses, so I kept those.

This cabinet also keeps some dishes that are passed down from family. These are dishes that won't be used for various reasons like cracks or lead. But, they are sentimental, so I keep them.

BEFORE:



AFTER:

I hope you will join me!

*Please excuse the quality of these pics. I think my camera is dying. Sometimes the pictures are red....anyone have any clues what it could be?

1 comment:

annies home said...

looks like a great job I joined in as well