Monday, June 19, 2006

T Minus 16 hours and counting.....

....until we are home. I'm so ready. But before I say what I want to say, I need to get one issue out of the way.

I was rereading last night's entry.... YES, I KNOW that that there are a few errors. So hard for a teacher (who has a specialization in Language Arts) to admit....so PLEASE don't feel the need to correct me. Keep in mind that my brain is still on California time AND I haven't had a decent night's sleep since June 1st.

OK...now that I have that out of the way....in answer to some of the comments to yesterday's entry, YES, Ms. SK...you KNOW you are one I'm speaking of. Love you BUNCHES!

So, tomorrow at about 9:00 CST, we will load the FTU and start heading back to North Texas. I'm SOOOO ready, but am feeling that anxious feeling in my chest of all the things that I need to do. Sadly, I kind of thrive on that feeling. Hmmmm, I need to change things, don't I? Laundry, which is the BANE of my existence, will forever loom before me. I just have a ton for EVERY person to catch up on. YUCK! It is crazy the laundry that I have to do CONSTANTLY, but hey...clean undies are very important to my family :D

Wednesday, my dh and I will be meeting with our children's pastor....meaning the pastor over the children's department. We (my dh and I) are the CE coordinators for our church and we have been gone for 3 Sundays. I have a lot to do for that. I need teachers, subs and ideas for our kids, which number just under 200.

Thursday, we'll meet with some very dear friends of ours. We haven't met with them in MONTHS. The great thing about the meeting, besides good fellowship, is the pressure to have a clean house. I have decided that I need company at least once a week in order to kind of hold my feet to the fire, you know?

Friday...oh my, could it be that I have nothing? Surely something is escaping me. I KNOW that I have something to do. Maybe it's just all the stuff that I have to do....like laundry.

I have a lot of piddly things, like laundry, that I'll have to do to prepare for the weekend. I need to call all the Sunday school teachers to make sure that they don't need any supplies. Also, my oldest son turns 7 on Sunday. My parents are coming out to church then to lunch. We'll have a birthday party for DS #1 and for DS #4, who turned 1 on the 7th.

With all that being said, I'm suddenly very tired, and VERY aware of the need to go to bed TODAY so that I may get up TOMORROW to start all of this stuff.

Those of you who DO read...thank you for sharing in my thoughts. This is somewhat therapeutic, so those of you who don't write or journal, should try it out.

God bless.

No comments: