Wednesday, November 26, 2008

TURKEY TROUBLES

Have you checked your turkey? Is it still frozen?

DON'T PANIC!

I checked my bird and there are parts that are still frozen enough that I know I will have an icy cavity in the morning. SO, I'm doing a water bath.

I have the turkey sitting in the sink in cold water. I will change the water every 1/2 hour or so until I go to bed. Do not use hot water, else bacteria will begin to spread. Just keep changing out the water (to keep it cold) and then put it back in the fridge. I will cook as normal in the morning.

I am doing an apple and herb roasted turkey. I will put up the recipe if I like it...this is a new one for me.

If you need to 411 on cooking your bird, read this.

Some other resources you can use: http://www.butterball.com/

or you can all 1-800-Butterball

Happy Roasting.

I hope you and your family have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.


Psalm 100

1 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LL Happy Thanksgiving!!

My DH does all the cooking!! He and by daughter made the pies tonight, pumpkin and apple! Plus his already made from scratch Key Lime Cheesecake!

He also puts apple in his stuffing!

We won't be frying as it might rain so he bought the Rival roaster on sale at Target.

Have a wonderful day and just thing on Friday you can play all the Christmas music you want!! LOL

Rebecca Jo said...

Hi - visiting from SITs - like to visit the blog above my comment...

love your blog... I get so jealous of everyone that has personal titles. Did you do that through Scrapblog? I cant get mine resized to fit... UGH!

Hope your thanksgiving was wonderful!