Tuesday, May 26, 2009

TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY

I have a friend....her name is Lisa. She is co-host, along with her sister Lana, to their blog carnival called TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAY.


This carnival is a lot of fun and I hope you will join us. We share recipes, kitchen tips and other kitchen related posts.


Today, I'm going to share a low fat, low cholesterol dessert.


I don't have a name for it and though you can get some ideas for this online (and I'm certain this has been done to DEATH, I didn't really use anyone for this.)


Well, let me just show you, first, what it looks like, then I'll tell you what I did.

Doesn't THIS look yummy....



First, I sugared the berries...as you can see, I have blueberries, strawberries and blackberries. I actually sugared these with Truvia...an ALL-NATURAL, no calorie sweetener. I used about 2 packets, 1 tsp water and the berries to make this light syrup. (For the record, I don't use Splenda at all...don't allow it in my kitchen...after some of my own research, I do NOT think this is a healthy alternative.)




I also made mini-angel food cakes. You can use store bought, but a bag of cotton may be cheaper and just as tasty. If you have the time, make your own...it is well worth it. Where as this recipe can be made in regular muffin tins, I grabbed the opportunity to "need" the special Wilton mini-angel cakes pan. I mean...wouldn't you?



So, I took this muffin and split it. I put a few berries and syrup over the cake. I put the cake top on and topped it with a few more berries. Then, (because I was really wanting this NOW, I didn't whip the cream, I poured a little bit over it.)


Angel food cake has zero-fat and zero-cholesterol because there are no egg yolks. The only fat in this dessert is in the cream.
Enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LL the dessert looks yummy....

I stopped Facebook today. Today was rough so I jumped to conclusions and quit all social networking except my blog....

Thanks for hanging in there with me!

jo@blog-diggidy said...

yummy!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,

I left you a blog award on my blog :)