Monday, June 01, 2009

MAKING A HAPPY HOME AND MEMORIZATION MONDAY


Hey, y'all

It's time for Making a Happy Home and Memorization Monday. The purpose of MHHM is to hopefully inspire and encourage others to take a small area in their homes and make it a happy place. This can be done by cleaning it, organizing it or making it pretty. Whatever you do, it will make you happier. That happiness will filter down and make your family happy.

It's been crazy. I will be posting more about why I have been AWOL so stay tuned.....there may even be more than one post today. (In fact...that is my goal so I can get caught up on things.)

Let's get down to business, though, shall we?

For Making a Home Monday I am working on a few of MANY housekeeping issues for me.

It seems my nemesis, well not really...laundry is my nemesis.....but a problem for me is my dining room table and my kitchen bar. I have so much trouble keeping them clean. It is a vicious, vicious cycle....

I get them cleared off and then promise myself that I will not allow them to get out of control again....only to wish I kept my promise to myself just a few days later. :( I will have the table or bar cleaned off, swearing I won't get into the clutter problem again....after all, if I just put things away as I use them, it won't be an issue. But who does that? Really. Who? It starts with one pile of coupons, or one or more cookbooks, telling myself that I will get to the pile soon and that it is not out of control...until I have about 8-12 piles of cr@p going.

I would imagine that this (or something similar) is a problem for you, too. So you might see this on MHHM often....I just don't know that I will kick the clutter habit.

Since I'm so behind in blogging (see other posts) I haven't even started this yet. I just took some before shots. I will be back in a few hours, or days, to share my progress.





This is embarrassing....so please don't judge me.

And now for Memorization.

First off, I'm pleased to announce that I have received my 10 point seal for Junior Bible Quiz. I had to learn a lot for that. I had 288 questions that I had to learn. Then, for the test, 30 questions were chosen randomly (from the 288) and out of those 30, I had to answer 20 correctly. Fortunately, I knocked them out so I didn't have to worry about almost not getting it. Now, I start working on my 20s. That will only be 192 *harder* questions.

Anyway, I came across this list and I'm basically going to start cracking these out - along with the 20 point JBQ questions I need to learn.


The first one, I know. I had to learn that for JBQ. Now, I will work on memorizing the 2nd which is Psalm 1:1-6

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall ot wither, and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4 The ungodly are not so; but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

OK...we will TRY Mr Linky, but I might have to remove it. I hope not. Y'all take care.

2 comments:

A Mother's Walk said...

I found this blog through be still my heart. I just started reading milehimama and love her blog. I live in Texas an hour east of Dallas and saw your state fair widget. I just thought I would leave a comment and let you know I like your blog as well. I hope you do post pics of your clean up job because I need the motivation to do some hard tasks around my house. No judgement her!! You go girl.

Reflections in My Mirror said...

You are an inspiration! I have a low bar in my kitchen that is great for small children to play at or color or do a craft while I cook dinner - IF it wasn't piled up with papers, mail, cups, bags, etc. I have tried paper organizers, sorters, baskets, key organizers etc and I just cannot kick the clutter either - although if I would tell the family that it is a NO CLUTTER ZONE and have them put their stuff AWAY it would probably help. I will re-focus my efforts!