Monday, June 01, 2009

WHAT I HAVE BEEN UP TO

It has been so crazy. Last week was the craziest! I just thought I would let you know what all I have been up to. By the way.....continue reading after this post, because there are 2 more below.

Last week was our last week of school. It was a lot of fun, but busy!!!

Tuesday....what did I do Tuesday? Oh yeah, there was a poetry reading for 2nd grade. My 8 year old, along with 124 other 7 and 8 year olds EACH read a poem that they had composed. Their teachers also composed and read poems that included the names of each of their students. Anyway, the program was cute....but made worse because the 2 little boys didn't really want to sit through all those poems.

Wednesday? Hmm.....oh, you know what? The poetry reading was Wednesday. I think Tuesday was a day to prepare for.....

THURSDAY!!! This was our big day....our busy day.

Thursday saw awards and parties. My 4th grader and my 2nd grader both had both. So, we went to the award ceremony of DS #1 (see previous post) then ran to start DS #2's party. Got that started, went to start #1's party, check on #2, a bit more with #1, awards for #2, pick up from school and off to piano lessons. PHEW!

Friday was the last day of school and was only 1/2 day. Second grade had another party. (There *might* be a post about that, but I'm still trying to decide how to be nice about it all. ;) ) After that, we all went to see the movie UP. That was fun. Then Daddy took us to Dippin' dots for a fun treat.

Saturday saw a piano recital for both older boys and then a birthday party for a friend. The party was over about 6, but we ended up staying until about 11:45. LOL!!!! FUN TIMES!

Sunday was church and then our home team....I made the "BIG" salad and Red, White and Blue Sundaes. Also made some chocolate chip cookies just because.

Today is our first, full-day of summer vacation. The kids are having a "fun" time adjusting as the chores that were NOT expected are a lot less fun than all the video games that WERE expected. Ha. We will not be wasting the summer away.

Thank you, dear reader, for being patient with me. I hope to be better blogger soon.

No comments: